Rex Milano - Bread
Preparation Time: 8 – 12 minutes
Proofing and Resting Time: 50 - 65 minutes
Baking Time: 30 - 35 minutes
Outcome: 2 Loaves
Tools needed: Mixer including bowl, kitchen scale, baking tray and 3 ice cubes
- 250 g Rex Milano
- 250 g Wheat flour (Type 550)
- 100 g Olive oil
- 11 g Instant yeast
- 240 ml Water, approx.
1. Mix all Ingredients for 2 minutes slow and 6 minutes fast. We recommend using cold water to keep the dough temperature at max 26°C - 27°C.
2. Once all Ingredients are mixed, cover the bowl and start the bulk fermentation time for 15 - 20 minutes.
3. After bulk fermentation, scale the dough into 420 - 425 g pieces. Cover the dough pieces and start the intermediate proof for 5 minutes.
4. Mould the dough in your preferred shape, we recommend long and oval, and place it onto a greased
5. Allow the dough to final proof for 30 - 40 minutes, we recommend covering the baking tray with a
plastic foil or cling film to keep the moisture in the dough. If you press your finger in the dough and it
comes back halfway it’s ready to bake.
6. The oven should have a temperature of 190°C when you put the loaves in. We recommend placing 2 -
3 ice cubes on the bottom of the oven to receive a steaming effect for a nice crust.
7. After approximately 5 minutes of baking, decrease the temperature to 160°C and bake the loaves for
30 - 35 minutes.