Multi Malt Mix - Bread
Preparation Time: 8 – 12 minutes
Proofing and Resting Time: 70 – 80 minutes
Baking Time: 35 – 40 minutes
Outcome: 1 Loaf
Tools needed: Mixer including bowl, kitchen scale, baking tray and 3 ice cubes
- 125 g Multi Malt Mix
- 125 g German Bread flour (Type 550)
- 15 g Instant yeast
- 180 ml Water, approx.
1. Mix all 3 Ingredients for 4 minutes slow and 6 minutes fast, we recommend using cold water to keep the dough temperature at max. 27° C.
2. Once all Ingredients mixed, cover the bowl and start the bulk fermentation time for 25 minutes.
3. Mould the dough in your preferred shape, we recommend long and oval, and place onto a greased baking tray.
4. Spray the dough tops of the dough pieces with water and dip into some oats.
5. Allow the dough to final proof for 45 - 55 minutes, we recommend covering the baking tray with a plastic foil or cling film to keep the moisture in the dough. If you press your finger in the dough and it comes back halfway, it’s ready to bake.
6. Score the tops of the dough pieces to stop the crust cracking. We recommend one long score along the middle.
7. The oven should have a temperature of 230°C when you put the loaves in. We recommend placing 2 - 3 ice cubes on the bottom of the oven to receive a steaming effect for a nice crust.
8. After approximately 5 minutes of baking please decrease the temperature to 170°C and bake the loaves for 35 - 40 minutes.