Rex Bavarian Dark
Preparation Time: 9-12 minutes
Proofing and Resting Time:45-60 minutes
Baking Time:35-45 minutes
Outcome: 2 Loaves
Tools needed :Mixer including bowl, Kitchen scale, Baking tray, Proofing basket and 3 ice cubes
- 250 g Rex Bavarian Dark
- 250 g Wheat flour (Type 550)
- 11 g Instant yeast
- 365 ml Water, approx.
1. Mix all Ingredients for 5 minutes slow and 4 minutes fast. The dough should feel very sticky and creamy after
2. Once mixed, cover the bowl and start the bulk fermentation time for 15 - 20 minutes.
3. Scale the dough into 435 - 440 g pieces.
4. Mould the dough slightly, with no pressure, in your preferred shape. Place into well dusted proofing baskets with
the seam facing downwards.
5. Allow the dough to final proof for 30 - 40 minutes, we recommend covering the baking tray with plastic foil or
cling film to keep the moisture in the dough. If you press your finger in the dough and it comes back halfway it’s
ready to bake.
6. Overturn the proofing baskets onto a greased baking tray with the seam facing upwards.
7. The oven should have a temperature of 210°C when you insert the Loaves. We recommend placing 2 - 3 ice cubes
on the bottom of the oven to receive a steaming effect for a nice crust.
8. After approximately 5 minutes of baking please decrease the temperature to 160°C and bake the loaves for 35 -