L’Amourette – Baguettes
Preparation Time: 13 minutes
Proofing and Resting Time:130 – 140 minutes
Baking Time:25 – 30 minutes
Tools needed: Mixer including bowl, kitchen scale, baking tray and 3 ice cubes
- 50 g L’amourette
- 500 g Wheat flour (type 550)
- 15 ml Vegetable oil
- 11 g Instant yeast
- 400 ml Water, (approx. 20°C)
1. Mix L‘amourette, wheat flour and instant yeast with 360 ml of the water. Use a spiral mixer for 3 minutes slow and 4 minutes fast. We recommend using cold water to keep the dough temperature at max. 27°C
2. Add the rest of the water, 40 ml, and mix for 3 minutes slow and 1 minutes fast. Finally add the oil and mix for a further 1 minutes slow and 1 minutes fast
3. Start the bulk fermentation time for 20 minutes.
4. Scale the dough into 315 g pieces and mould the dough in your preferred shape, we recommend long and oval.
5. Dip the tops of the dough pieces into rye flour and place the dough pieces onto a greased baking tray.
6. Score the dough pieces, we recommend 3-4 long score across the dough.
7. Allow to final proof for 90 minutes, we recommend covering the baking tray with a plastic foil or cling film to keep the moisture in the dough. If you press your finger in the dough and it comes back halfway it’s ready to bake.
8. The oven should have a temperature of 230°C when you put the baguettes in then decreasing to 210°C. We recommend putting 2 - 3 ice cubes on the bottom of the oven to get a steaming effect for a nice crust.
9. Bake the baguettes for 25 - 30 minutes.