Spelt Natur - Bread
Preparation Time: 8 - 12 minutes
Proofing and Resting Time:55 - 70 minutes
Baking Time: 35 - 40 minutes
Tools needed: Mixer including bowl, kitchen scale, baking tray and 3 ice cubes
- 500 g Spelt natur
- 11 g Instant yeast
- 300 ml Water
1.Mix all Ingredients for 2 minutes slow and 6 minutes fast. We recommend using cold water to keep the
dough temperature at max. 27°C.
2. Once all Ingredients mixed, cover the bowl and start the bulk fermentation time for 15 - 20 minutes.
3. Scale the dough into 400 - 405 g pieces and mould into your preferred shape. We recommend long
4. Spray the dough tops of the dough pieces with water and sprinkle with Spelt Natur.
5. Allow the dough to final proof for 35 - 45 minutes, we recommend covering the baking tray with
plastic foil or cling film to keep the moisture in the dough. If you press your finger in the dough and it
comes back halfway it’s ready to bake.
6. Score the tops of the dough pieces to stop the crust cracking. We recommend one long score along
7. The oven should have a temperature of 190°C when you put the loaves in. We recommend placing 2 -
3 ice cubes on the bottom of the oven to receive a steaming effect for a nice crust.
8. Decrease the temperature to 160°C and bake the loaves for 35 - 40 minutes