Ireks Maize Max - Bread
Preparation Time: 9 - 12 minutes
Proofing and Resting Time: 55 - 75 minutes
Baking Time: 30 – 40 minutes
Outcome: 2 Loaves
Tools needed: Mixer including bowl, kitchen scale, baking tray and 3 ice cubes
- 250 g Maize Max
- 250 g Wheat flour (Type 550)
- 11 g Instant yeast
- 300 ml Water, approx.
1.Mix all Ingredients for 3 minutes slow and 6 minutes fast. We recommend using cold water to keep the
dough temperature at max. 27°C.
2. Once mixed, cover the dough and start the bulk fermentation time for 10 - 20 minutes.
3. Scale the dough into 400 - 405 g pieces. Cover and start the intermediate proof time for 5 - 10
4. Mould the dough into your preferred shape, we recommend long and oval. Dust the top with Maize
Max and place onto a greased baking tray.
5. Allow the dough to final proof for 40 - 45 minutes, we recommend covering the baking tray with
plastic foil or cling film to keep the moisture in the dough. If you press your finger in the dough and it
comes back halfway it’s ready to bake.
6. Score the tops of the dough pieces to stop the crust cracking. We recommend one long score along
7. The oven should have a temperature of 190°C when you insert the loaves, then decreasing to 160°C.
We recommend placing 2 - 3 ice cubes on the bottom of the oven to receive a steaming effect for a nice
8. Bake the loaves for 30 - 40 minutes