Ireks Croissant Mix - Croissant
Preparation Time: 7 – 8 minutes
Proofing and Resting Time:100 – 150 minutes
Baking Time:15 – 20 minutes
Tools needed:Mixer including bowl, kitchen scale, baking tray
- 125 g Ireks Croissant Mix
- 500 gBread flour
- 20 g Butter
- 10 g Instant yeast
- 325 ml Water, iced, approx.
1. Mix all Ingredients for 3 minutes slow and 4 minutes fast. We recommend using iced water to keep the dough temperature at max. 22°C.
2. Once mixed, wrap the dough tight in plastic wrap or cling film and chill the dough in the freezer for 30 minutes to ensure that the dough and butter have the same consistency for folding.
3. Once chilled, place on a floured surface and roll out the dough to form a rectangle sheet.
4. Place 250 g of butter onto the centre of the sheet. Fold the sheet with double turns, like folding a letter, and roll out to approx. 1cm thick. Chill in the freezer 30 minutes, turn the dough 90 degrees, again folding with three simple turns and roll out to approx. 1cm thick. Chill in the freezer 30 minutes, between each turn as well as after the final turn (make 2 turns)
5. Wrap tightly and chill in the freezer 1 - 2 hours.
6. Once chilled, divide the dough in half and roll each portion out in a long rectangle shape with a thickness of about 0.5 cm.
7. Cut the dough into long, skinny triangles (12 cm high and 25 cm wide). Starting from the bottom, the longest edge, roll the triangles towards the top to form a croissant and place it onto a greased baking tray.
8. Cover and allow the dough to final proof for 70 - 120 minutes in an environment of 20 - 22°C.
9. Brush the tops of the croissant with egg wash before baking
10. The oven should have a temperature of 200°C when you put the croissants in. And bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until puffed, golden brown.
11. Open damper 3-5 minutes before the end.