Ireks Chia Bread Mix - Bread
Preparation Time: 8 - 12 minutes
Proofing and Resting Time:65-75 minutes
Baking Time: 30 - 35 minutes
Outcome: 2 loaves
Tools needed: Mixer including bowl, kitchen scale, baking tray and 3 ice cubes
- 250 g Chia bread mix
- 250 g Wheat flour (Type 550)
- 11 g Instant yeast
- 300 g Water, approx
1. Mix all Ingredients for 2 minutes slow and 6 minutes fast. We recommend using cold water to keep the
dough temperature at max. 26° C.
2. Cover the bowl and start the bulk fermentation for 20 minutes.
3. After bulk fermentation, scale the dough into 400 - 405 g pieces. Cover and start intermediate proof
for 5 minutes.
4. Mould the dough in your preferred shape, we recommend long and oval. Top the dough pieces with
Chia bread mix and place onto a greased baking tray.
5. Allow the dough to final proof for 40 - 50 minutes, we recommend covering the baking tray with
plastic foil or cling film to keep the moisture in the dough. If you press your finger in the dough and it
comes back halfway it’s ready to bake.
6. Score the dough piece to stop them cracking, we recommend 3 diagonal scores along the top.
7. The oven should have a temperature of 190°C when you put the loaves in. We recommend putting 2 -
3 ice cubes on the bottom of the oven to get a steaming effect for a nice crust.
8. After approximately 5 minutes of baking decrease the temperature to 160°C and bake the loaves for
30 - 35 minutes.